Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Anti-matter Compilation













I'll start by saying this a compilation full of many need-to-know 90's bands that were involved with hardcore or had something to do with it. If you want good bands from this era, start with this comp. I have a lot to say about this and you can just skip my bullshit, cut to the download and enjoy this. (I would probably do that.) Weirdly, I didn't know about this comp. until recently but it contains my favorite songs by multiple bands. This was released by Norman Brannon's (Shelter, Texas Is The Reason) Anti Matter Zine. Quicksand's "Shovel" is exclusive to this compilation and has a great break in it, definitely an overlooked song. "Arctic" by 108 (from Threefold Misery) is by far my favorite song by the band and it's featured on this comp in a little rawer mix. Threadbare's "Weatherman" is on here. I love Threadbare and I feel that they are way underrated. I'll probably be posting something by them soon. Undertow's "Kill" is featured on here which is definitely one of my favorite tracks by them and will get you hooked straight from the intro. There's a Supertouch exclusive to this comp. which I have never heard and it's great so don't miss that one. Farside is a band a love and even though "Moral Straightjacket" is 6 minutes long, it's worth it. There's some decent tracks by Outspoken, Snapcase and Strife, who I love but these songs don't do much for me. One of my favorite Lifetime tracks is on the jawn but it's kind of a whack demo. Mouthpiece delivers the youth crew madness. There's a lot of pretty good emo placed within it too if that's your thing. If you couldn't tell, I'm a huge 90's hardcore enthusiast and a collection of songs this good is fucking great to me haha.

1. Quicksand - Shovel
2. Gameface - Everything I Do Is Wrong
3. Outspoken - Spark
4. Supertouch - Better
5. Farside - Moral Straightjacket
6. 108 - Arctic
7. Snapcase - Vent
8. Threadbare - Weatherman
9. CIV - Don't Gotta Prove It (Live)
10. Garden Variety - New Guitar Parts
11. Undertow - Kill
12. Strife - Circuit
13. Chamberlain - Magnetic 62nd
14. Sense Field - Shady Day
15. Lifetime - Theme Song For A New Brunswick Basement Show
16. Mouthpiece - To The Side


Download

1 comment:

  1. I was debating posting this one myself. Great to see it posted up. Love it!
    -Jon/ itfollowshc.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete